As many series are just getting started with their first events of 2020, the World Karting Association continues to push towards their second event of the season. Dubbed ‘Destination: Orlando’, the next stop for the WKA program is the Orlando Kart Center over the February 21-23 weekend. Strategically placed following their partner program, the ROK Cup USA Florida Winter Tour, teams and competitors can take advantage of an off weekend in the Sunshine State to have another chance to win a handful of prize packages.
“The Orlando event is the key to our WKA season,” explained Series President Kevin Williams. “This is the second and final event of the WKA Florida Winter Cup, but also the first event for the WKA Mid-Season Summer Shootout. Courtesy of our fine friends at ROK Cup USA, we have ROK the RIO prizes to award at the conclusion of the WKA Florida Winter Cup, with the Orlando event also counting as the first towards the ROK Superfinal Tickets in Italy that will be awarded at the final Mid-Season Shootout event.”
With the second event weekend of the Florida Winter Tour taking place in Ocala, Florida over the February 14-16 weekend and the third and final round just a few hours south March 6-8, teams and competitors will have the opportunity to stay sharp and in the seat while they battle for valuable ROK prize packages.
Prize Package Information:
WKA Florida Winter Cup (Daytona and Orlando):
- All class champions and podium finishers of the WKA Florida Winter Cup, which is the combined points totals for each class from the Daytona (December 2019) and Orlando (February 2020), events will receive the following:
– Champion: Full entry package for 2020 ROK the RIO
– Second: Entry only to 2020 ROK the RIO
– Third: Race tires for 2020 ROK the RIO
*Podium finishers in LO206 will receive a ROK Micro/Mini Engine rental courtesy of WKA
WKA Mid-Season Shootout (Orlando, Charlotte, and New Castle)
- The competitors gaining the most cumulative points in Mini ROK, Junior ROK, Senior ROK and ROK Shifter after the Orlando, Florida, Charlotte, North Carolina and New Castle, Indiana Mid-Season Shootout will receive an invitation to the 2020 ROK Cup Superfinal
*Classes must average more than 10 entries
- Competitors in Micro ROK, 100cc Junior, 100cc Senior, 100cc Masters and ROK Shifter Masters will receive 2020 ROK the RIO entries
Williams added, “Please do not hesitate to contact us for any questions that you may have. Our goal is to rebuild the WKA program and make it one of the best karting series in the United States, and we need the help and support of the racers.”
For more information on the World Karting Association Manufacturers Cup, please contact WKA at email@example.com or www.worldkarting.com.